my short film: initial inspiration

 

My teacher gave me this book, as I expressed an interest in doing something mystical. I found this book a great inspiration for my short film. I was really drawn in by the feel of fairy tales, often mixed with something a little grim. I think the idea of childhood stories and fairy tales can easily be made very chilling and eerie. I like the simplistic and also visually stimulating imagery which goes along with stories. I am a big fan of a lot of Tim Burtons films and would love to include some of his influence in my piece as his work too is often based of off a enchanted fairy tale sway. I like his style of animation and could possibly include this in my own piece.





This story called 'The red shoes' found in this book was particularly interesting to me as I am a fan on ballet. In my short film I want to include a ballet influence, as I feel ballet is very graceful and majestic and this fits well with the feel of enchanted fantasy stories as well as fairy tales. 


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Short film planning

Real film- inspiration for short film???

Audience research POST 7