Sound ideas for my short film POST 13

I want the sound in my short film to capture the essence of the genre. It should be twinkly and enchanting to reflect the fantasy side of my film but yet also haunting and unnerving to reflect the horror side of my piece. It also needs to be routed in classical instruments to intertwine with my ballet inspiration. I also am a musician myself and take A level Music Technology, so to me choosing good sound for my piece id very important and something I want to be proud of.


First I found this composition. It was twinkly and had bass heavy electronic sounds blended in to it. It was haunting from the vocals. This song has a good feel about it however I'm not sure if it would be the best fit. I could cut parts of it up and use them intermittently when appropriate. 


  This song is a waltz and incredibly haunting. when listening to it I felt intimidated and scared, I think this would be excellent to use when the figure is talking to the girl and enticing her in like prey.

This next song I found it very mystical and wonderful. It already feels like you're in another world as soon as you start listening to it and would be perfect for when the girl is exploring the fantasy world.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Short film planning

Real film- inspiration for short film???

Audience research POST 7